This Ralf Moeller Workout has been inspired by Ralf Moller’s A Complete Step By Step Guide to Weight Training.
About Ralf Moeller
Ralf Moeller was born on the 12th of January 1959 in Recklinghausen Germany. Ralf got involved in sports at an early age, joining the Recklinghaus SV Neptune swimming club. Ralf continued to swim for several years, he then turned his interest on to boxing however he never fought. He then turned his attention back to swimming and he began training as a swimming instructor.
Ralf also had a strong interest in bodybuilding which he soon took a more active role in. He started to became more serious about a bodybuilding career, and his training increased with the intention of competing in bodybuilding competitions.
Bodybuilding & Acting Career
Ralf Moller was the German Bodybuilding champion in 1984, and competed in some of the biggest stages including competing at the Mr Olympian in 1988. Ralf was one of the biggest competing body builders standing at 6 feet 6 inches tall and weighing nearly 300lbs.
During and after his bodybuilding career Ralf got involved in acting. He gained roles in some well known movies such as Best of the Best 2, Universal Soldier and a favorite movie of mine, Gladiator.
Ralf Moeller Inspired Workout
Below is a workout which has been inspired by Ralf Moellers book, “A Complete Step by Step Guide to Weight Training”. This workout is based on the beginners workout which is included in the book. The workout below is not exactly the same as the one in the book, however it’s similar to it in many ways.
Workout One – Chest and Abdominals
- Barbell or smith machine bench press – 3 sets 8 – 10 reps
- Dumbbell flys – 4 sets 8 – 10 reps
- Sit ups – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Leg raises – 3 sets of 6 – 10 reps
Workout Two – Back and Arms
- Seated pulley rows – 3 sets of 8 – 10 reps
- Lat pull downs – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Standing barbell curls – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Standing tricep extensions – 3 sets of 10 reps
Workout Three – Shoulders and Legs
- Shoulder press on press machine – 4 sets of 8 – 10 reps
- Upright rows – 3 sets of 8 -10 reps
- Front thigh leg curls – 3 sets of 8 – 10 reps
- Hamstring extensions – 3 sets of 8 – 10 reps
Ralf Moellers guide to weight training also includes an advanced workout with nutritional advice, diet examples and much more. Definitely a recommended book for beginners and anyone interested in weight training and bodybuilding.