The around the worlds exercise with dumbbells is a weight training exercise which targets your chest/pectoral muscles.
The around the worlds is a little known chest exercise. This page includes how to perform instructions, tips and a video showing the technique.
Around the worlds is not one of those exercises where you can really go heavy such as the bench press. It’s more comparable to chest flyes which requires great focus on the technique rather than the weight.
- Primary – Chest
- Secondary – Shoulders, Forearms
- Exercise Type – Compound Exercise
- Equipment needed – Dumbbells
Around the world benefits
- It helps to keep you motivated and added muscle stimulation with the exercise variety.
- Chest, Shoulder and Forearm strength benefits.
- Lie flat on a bench holding a pair of dumbbells around your thighs with your palms facing up and your elbows slightly bent, this is the starting position.
- Now slowly rotate your arms towards your head keeping your arms parallel to the floor.
- Once the dumbbells are out stretched beyond your head, slowly return them back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions and sets.
- Really start off with low weight dumbbells.
- Keep your arms as parallel to the floor as you can.
- Due to the amount of rotation your shoulders have to cope with don’t perform this exercise if you have any shoulder injuries or problems.
Other recommended chest exercises