Car drivers or sometimes simply just known as drivers is a shoulder/deltoid exercise that is very easy to perform and effective for strengthening the muscles around the shoulder.
This is one of the less well known shoulder exercises, many people have never tried it or even heard of it. It is great for adding some variety into your shoulder workouts.
The exercise gives a similar benefit to front shoulder raises, targeting your front deltoids. The twisting motion also targets the smaller muscles around the rotator cuff.
Car Drivers Shoulder Exercise Details
- Primary Muscles – Shoulders
- Secondary Muscles – Forearms
- Exercise Type – Isolation
- Equipment Needed – Barbell Weight Plate
- Stand up straight with your feet around shoulder width apart holding the plate with both hands, hold the plate around the 3 and 9 o’clock positions.
- Now extend the plate out in front of you with your elbows slightly bent, your palms should be facing each other.
- Begin by rotating the plate so your hands change from a horizontal position to a vertical position and then rotate around to the other side for your desired repetitions.
- Start with a comfortable weight, make sure you can comfortably hold the weight plate out in front of you.
- Don’t over rotate the plate, if you feel an unnatural pain stop and check your technique.
- Keep the movement controlled.
- If you have any current or past shoulder injuries especially related to the rotator cuff this exercise should be avoided or contact your doctor or specialist.
Popular Shoulder Exercises